One Sunday morning Vassili burst into the living room
– “Kalimera, Mama, Baba!, I have some great news for you!
I am getting married to the most beautiful girl in the Khorio.
She lives a block away and her name is Katina"
After dinner, Vassili’s dad took him aside.
– “Vre Pedimou, I have to talk with you…
Your mother and I have been married 30 years.
She’s a wonderful wife but she has never been any good
in bed, so I used to fool around with women a lot.
Katina is actually your half-sister, and I’m afraid you can’t
Vassili was heart-broken.
After eight months he eventually started dating girls again.
A year later he came home and very proudly announced,
– “Mama, Baba : Eleni said yes! We’re getting married in June!!!”
Again his father insisted on another private conversation and
broke the sad news.
– “Vre pedimou, i Eleni is your half-sister too…. I’m awfully
sorry about this….”
Vassili was furious! He finally decided to go to his mother
with the news.
– “Baba has done so much ‘ghamisi’. I guess I’m never going to
get married,” he complained… “Every time I fall in love,
Baba tells me the girl is my half-sister.”
Vassili’s mother just shook her head.
– “Don’t pay any attention to what that malaka says,
Vassilaki’mou, He’s not really your father.”